5 Bridges Church is currently searching for a Lead Pastor. We are a growing, gospel-centered Southern Baptist church located in Panama City Beach, FL just a mile and a half from the gulf coast. At 5 Bridges, our mission is simple and straightforward: we exist to worship God, cultivate community, and engage the world for the glory of God. We are a multigenerational church that is both poised and primed for continued growth.
The Lead Pastor will successfully impact the ministry of the church in the following five key areas of ministry:
(1) To “preach the Word” (2 Timothy 4:2), teaching, exhorting and refuting those who contradict (1 Timothy 3:2; Titus 1:9-11).
(2) To “shepherd the flock of God” (1 Peter 5:2), watching over each believer in the assembly (Hebrews 13:17), and giving leadership (1 Timothy 3:4-5; Titus 1:6).
(3) To “be examples to the flock” (1 Peter 5:3), consistently modeling Christlike maturity before all men, especially believers (1 Timothy 4:11-12).
(4) To “take care of the church of God” (1 Timothy 3:5), presiding over the local body as an overseer (superintendent) who loves God and His people (1 Peter 5:2).
(5) To pray for the church – “the effective prayer of a righteous man” (James 5:14-15), “being devoted” (Col. 4:2) and doing so “without ceasing” (1 Thess. 5:17).
Overview of Responsibilities:
-Lead the congregation, the organization, and the staff of the church to function as a gospel-centered church (Acts 2).
-Be the primary preacher and teacher on both Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights. We highly value bold, gospel-centered expositional preaching.
-Oversee and provide organizational and shepherding oversight to 5 Bridges’ staff.
-Cast and implement gospel-centered vision for the church’s ministry and missions pursuits.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Master’s Degree or equivalent from a recognized seminary
5+ years of pastoral ministry experience
Currently in pastoral ministry
If God is leading you to be part of the consideration process, then please send a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Pastor Search – (First & Last Name)”